Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The new laminator prevails!

Today I finished packaging the independent activities. Each activity has a small square of electrical tape (colored) on the back. This way, I know which activities correspond to each student's IEP. I can utilize one activity for multiple goals with multiple students! They are all packaged in the mondo size Ziplock bags.



I also made "Me Books" for each kid. We'll work on these during Morning Focus (1st period). The pieces are color coded to match each kid's assigned color. They include basic personal information (birthday, name, address, age, school, etc.) They will also be used as an independent activity in their work stations. I have a couple kids with personal info goals, but it's good for every kid to know this stuff!


How productive! I just wanted to also mention that I had a very nice laminator from my friend Heather that bit the bullet on Sunday. It really was a work horse. It was a business size laminator. I tried to replace it with one from Staples, but that one ended up eating all of my stuff. After visiting another Staples AND an Office Depot, only to find them out of stock! I bought one from Target for $25. It is surprisingly amazing! It's SCOTCH brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment