Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pandemonium!


The School Literary Magazine is having a Cover Contest. I saw the poster in the hall and I decided I would have my kids enter the contest. The rules are that there can be no computer graphics, the cover must say PANDEMONIUM 2009-2010, and the drawing must be in black and white.

I handed out white paper with black markers, wrote PANDEMONIUM 2009-2010 on the board, and told them to draw whatever they wanted! They really had at it. They love drawing! Their drawings are awesome, if I don't say so myself.

As it turned out, there were "neat" little parts to each of the kids papers, but nothing was really appropriate to submit to the contest. After school today, I figured I could make a "collage" of their work and submit it as a joint effort. I cut out their little drawings and pasted them in a circle, took the best handwriting for the title words, and made a black and white copy of it.

This is Mrs. Smith's "class entry" to the cover contest. I think it turned out pretty nice.

We might not win the cover contest, but we had fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment