Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Lunch Crew

Tomorrow at 8:10 I made it on the agenda for the school leadership meeting. This agenda is normally very full, but I somehow managed to get a ten minute slot. I will be presenting my idea for the lunch crew program at my school.

Program Objectives:

ASD Students:

  • To benefit from role models for social and behavioral skills
  • To increase social initiations and relationships
  • To promote inclusion of students among their peers

Team 6D Students:

  • To provide (school name) students with an opportunity to take on a leadership role of promoting good citizenship and disability awareness
  • To prepare students for an adult life in an inclusive society
  • To create opportunities for students to serve as positive speech and behavior role models and 
offer acceptance, tolerance, patience and friendship

Student Agreement

  • I understand that I am volunteering to be a part of the (school name) Lunch Crew. Each lunch crew meeting is completely optional.
  • I understand that (school name) has students of all different abilities. I understand that as a member of the (school name) Lunch Crew, I will be expected to be a role model for my peers and offer acceptance, tolerance, and friendship to other students at (school name).
  • I understand that if I accrue five lunch punches, I will be eligible to attend a community trip with the lunch crew. My teachers and parents will have to sign a permission slip in order for me to attend.

The lunch crew motto:
Tolerance, Acceptance, Friendship.

Despite major hurdles at our school so far, I think we're on our way. We might just need to invite a few of the teachers to lunch crew meetings, so they can experience the joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment